Earthwatch has enjoyed another year of inspiring connections, reaching out globally through educators, companies and public volunteers while continuing to inform environmental policy. And frankly, we couldn’t have done it without Earthwatchers like you.
- 3,153 volunteers joined an Earthwatch Expedition and contributed 141,518 hours of research – Individuals ranging from teachers, to students, to people looking to make a differenceduring their time off all dedicated their time and money to work alongside professional scientists to help tackle pressing environmental challenges that matter. Thank you!
- More than 1,800 individuals and organizations have made donations to our Annual Fund – These generous contributions made at events from New York to London or via tradional channels via online, check or phone all support scientists and volunteers in the field, produce research outcomes, and provide experiential learning opportunities for many audiences while raising hundreds of thousands of dollars. Thank you!
- 276 corporate partners have built a relationship with Earthwatch – These organizations have worked with Earthwatch to help develop their internal staff and external customers by participating in programs to help fund and conduct research. Thank you!
- 193 scientists and 152 field team leaders have helped oversee research programs this year – No Earthwatch project would be possible if not for the dedicated individuals who work tirelessly to plan and lead them, often with incredibly tight resources, to help make the world a better place. Thank you!
- More than 100 employees and volunteer staff – These folks come in to work every day in offices all over the globe with a passion to make the world a better place. Whether they create programs, help make sure that the public is aware of and getting involved with all that Earthwatch does, or work behind the scenes, these folks (and my colleagues) need to be celebrated. Thank you!
- The 110,000 Earthwatchers who stay involved with our organization every single day – Whether you read this Unlocked blog, our bi-weekly Extras newsletter, or share pictures or ideas on our Facebook or Twitter pages, without brand ambassadors like you, Earthwatch wouldn’t be able to get its message out there. Thank you!
- To our Board, advisors, and any other humans or animals we may have overlooked, thank you for your ongoing support – We couldn’t have done it without our entire Earthwatch family.